Lions' Matthew Stafford (hand) 'not out of the woods yet'
Detroit Lions coach Jim Caldwell said quarterback Matthew Stafford is "not out of the woods yet," reports Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com.
Stafford suffered a hand injury this past week, but he did not suffer a break or fracture. Caldwell reiterated this by saying that the injury is "not significant" but that the team would approach the situation "delicately." For that reason, Jake Rudock has been getting first-team reps and would start if Stafford's ultimately held out.
numberFire's models project Stafford for 306.5 passing yards, 2.08 touchdowns and 20.2 FanDuel points this week against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He's our eighth-ranked quarterback option on the slate.
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Ravens' Marquise Brown (ankle) questionable for Week 2 clash with Chiefs September 17th, 2021
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman (ankle) questionable for Week 2's matchup against Rams September 17th, 2021
- Rams: Darrell Henderson still set for significant role August 26th, 2021
- Rams acquire Sony Michel from Patriots for pair of picks August 25th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (thumb) donning non-contact jersey August 24th, 2021
- Update: Rams' Darrell Henderson (thumb) day-to-day August 23rd, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (thumb/hand) leaves practice early Monday August 23rd, 2021
- Rams appear 'all-in' on Darrell Henderson August 13th, 2021