Giants 'hopeful' Sterling Shepard (hamstring) will play against Cowboys
According to ESPN's Jordan Raanan, New York Giants interim coach Steve Spagnuolo said he's "hopeful" that wide receiver Sterling Shepard can play this week.
Shepard returned to practice in a limited capacity on Thursday. He had sat out Wednesday's session, but he's now headed in the right direction and could suit up against the Dallas Cowboys. If he can't get back to action, Evan Engram would serve as the team's top pass catcher, followed by the Roger Lewis, who would figure to be the Giants' top wideout.
Priced at $6,400, Shepard is projected for 5.0 catches and 11.2 FanDuel points in his Week 14 meeting with Dallas.
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) ruled out for Week 2 September 18th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Darin Ruf out of San Francisco's Saturday lineup against Atlanta September 18th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley plays 84% of snaps in Giants loss September 17th, 2021
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley (knee) active for Giants on Thursday Night Football September 16th, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Evan Engram (calf) ruled out for Giants on Thursday September 15th, 2021