Cardinals say they want to re-sign Blaine Gabbert
Arizona Cardinals general manager Steve Keim said the team would like to re-sign quarterback Blaine Gabbert.
"I don't think there's any question that we would like to have Blaine back," Keim said. "He's done a good job." According to Mike Jurecki of Arizona Sports 98.7 FM, the Cardinals have "reached out" to Gabbert's representatives about an extension. Carson Palmer (arm) may retire and there isn't a quarterback-in-waiting, so Gabbert will at least be able to serve as a filler under center for Arizona in the meantime. He went 17-of-26 for 178 scoreless yards on Sunday in a 12-7 victory over the Tennessee Titans.
Gabbert is averaging 15.1 FanDuel points across four games this season, with 79-of-130 completions for 897 passing yards, with 6 touchdowns and 5 interceptions.
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ankle) starts camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Kyle Rudolph (foot) opens training camp on Giants' PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) opens training camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Report: Zach Ertz now has 'great chance' to stay with Eagles July 21st, 2021
- Schefter: Aaron Rodgers turned down extension offer from Packers July 20th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hamstring) reportedly will be ready for Patriots' training camp July 20th, 2021
- Chris Godwin, Buccaneers unlikely to reach long-term deal July 15th, 2021
- Bucs ink Rob Gronkowski to one-year deal March 15th, 2021
- Tom Brady extending with Buccaneers through 2022 March 12th, 2021
- Tampa Bay uses franchise tag on Chris Godwin March 9th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021