Cardinals say they want to re-sign Blaine Gabbert
Arizona Cardinals general manager Steve Keim said the team would like to re-sign quarterback Blaine Gabbert.
"I don't think there's any question that we would like to have Blaine back," Keim said. "He's done a good job." According to Mike Jurecki of Arizona Sports 98.7 FM, the Cardinals have "reached out" to Gabbert's representatives about an extension. Carson Palmer (arm) may retire and there isn't a quarterback-in-waiting, so Gabbert will at least be able to serve as a filler under center for Arizona in the meantime. He went 17-of-26 for 178 scoreless yards on Sunday in a 12-7 victory over the Tennessee Titans.
Gabbert is averaging 15.1 FanDuel points across four games this season, with 79-of-130 completions for 897 passing yards, with 6 touchdowns and 5 interceptions.
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl LV injury report February 5th, 2021
- Sammy Watkins officially questionable for Chiefs in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Mike Evans (knee) practices in full on Wednesday February 3rd, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- Antonio Brown (knee) questionable for Buccaneers in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Cameron Brate (back) questionable for Super Bowl LV February 5th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) practices in full Thursday February 4th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antoine Winfield says ankle 100 percent for Super Bowl February 4th, 2021