Broncos place starting safety Justin Simmons (ankle) on IR
Denver Broncos strong safety Justin Simmons has been placed on injured reserve with an ankle injury.
Simmons suffered the injury in Sunday's win over the New York Jets. In his first season as the team's starter, the former third-round pick rated 34th among all 86 safeties, per Pro Football Focus. Jamal Carter figures to start over the last three games.
In his second NFL season, Simmons accounted for 52 tackles, 5 passes defensed, 2 interceptions -- 1 for a touchdown -- and 1 sack across 13 starts.
- Schefter: Colts looking to move Marlon Mack September 28th, 2021
- Titans: Julio Jones limited snaps due to tightness September 28th, 2021
- Cincinnati's Tee Higgins (shoulder) DNP on Tuesday September 28th, 2021
- Miles Sanders touches ball five times in Eagles loss September 28th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dalton Schultz scores twice in victory September 28th, 2021
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler done for year with torn ACL September 27th, 2021
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- K.J. Hamler joining Broncos' three-wide sets September 14th, 2021
- Broncos place Jerry Jeudy (ankle) on injured reserve September 14th, 2021
- Broncos veterans impressed by "great day" from Teddy Bridgewater September 13th, 2021