Texans will release Brian Cushing
According to the Houston Chronicle's John McClain, the Houston Texans have informed linebacker Brian Cushing of his release.
The team will release Cushing prior to the beginning of the new league year on March 14th. Cushing's lack of availability, combined with the emergence of second-year guys Zach Cunningham and Dylan Cole, have made him an expendable player in Houston. The team will save $7.64 million upon his release.
Over the past 2 seasons, Cushing has played in just 18-of-32 games. In his last full season, he made 83 tackles along with 3 passes defensed and 1 forced fumble.
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) placed on injured reserve September 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- Culley: Houston's Davis Mills will start in Week 3's matchup against Panthers September 21st, 2021
- Texans place Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) on injured reserve September 21st, 2021
- Texans' Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) could miss four games September 20th, 2021
- Texans' Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) ruled out of Week 3's game against Panthers September 19th, 2021
- Texans' Davis Mills in for Tyrod Taylor in Week 2 September 19th, 2021