Seahawks unlikely to tag Sheldon Richardson
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that the Seattle Seahawks are unlikely to place the franchise tag on defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson.
The Seahawks would rather retain Richardson on a long-term deal. At 27, he's set to become a free agent and would warrant $14.5 million for one year under the tag. Seattle could certainly hope that he doesn't have much of a market given his past character issues and suspensions.
In his first season with the Seahawks, Richardson accounted for 27 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble and 1 interception. He was the 27th-best defensive lineman, according to Pro Football Focus.
- Vernon Hargreaves cut by Texans after six-game tenure February 14th, 2020
- Rapoport: Ravens release defensive back Tony Jefferson on Friday February 14th, 2020
- Paul Richardson reportedly cut by Redskins after two seasons February 14th, 2020
- Redskins reportedly release cornerback Josh Norman on Friday February 14th, 2020
- Philip Rivers will not return to Chargers in 2020 February 10th, 2020
- Patrick Mahomes wins Super Bowl LIV MVP in Chiefs' comeback over 49ers February 3rd, 2020
- Browns' Myles Garrett reinstated by NFL February 12th, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham under arrest for touching officer January 16th, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (illness) active for Week 17 game against Bengals December 29th, 2019
- Browns' Odell Beckham Jr. (illness) questionable for Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Browns place Dontrell Hilliard (knee) on injured reserve December 24th, 2019