Eagles' Trey Burton 'expected to leave' in free agency
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Philadelphia Eagles tight end Trey Burton is "expected to leave Philly" in free agency this offseason.
Philadelphia is pretty well taken care of at tight end, with Zach Ertz and Brent Celek at the top, so they could afford to allow Burton his opportunity on the market. He's expected to have a strong market as 16 teams have checked in on him this week. He could find his way to a starting role in 2018.
In 15 games, Burton hauled in 23-of-31 targets for 248 yards and 5 touchdowns.
- Lions sign second round pick D'Andre Swift to 4-year deal July 4th, 2020
- Cam Newton arrives in New England to take physical July 4th, 2020
- Bills' Gabriel Davis 'could be a plug-and-play weapon' this season July 4th, 2020
- Buffalo's Zack Moss 'brings a different dimension' to backfield, expected to complement Devin Singletary July 4th, 2020
- NFL Player Association Board reportedly recommends skipping 2020 preseason July 4th, 2020
- Cowboys "might have some interest" in David Njoku July 3rd, 2020
- Bowen: 'Not a slam dunk' Jordan Wilkins will make Colts' 2020 roster June 30th, 2020
- Colts sign safety Julian Blackmon to 4-year rookie contract June 16th, 2020
- Colts get second-rounder Michael Pittman Jr. under contract June 15th, 2020
- Marlon Mack may open as Colts' starter June 1st, 2020
- Colts' Mo Alie-Cox to play more in 2020 June 1st, 2020
- Colts' Parris Campbell 'fully healthy' for past 2 months May 27th, 2020