Eagles' Brent Celek confirms plan to return in 2018
Philadelphia Eagles tight end Brent Celek said he has no plans to retire.
According to The Philadelphia Enquirer's Jeff McLane, Celek said, "Yeah I wanna play" when asked about his intentions for this coming season. Earlier reports suggested the same thing, so expect the 33-year-old to return for his 12th season, all of which he's spent with the Eagles. He'll carry a cap hit of $4 million as the team's backup tight end.
This past season, Celek caught just 13 balls for 130 yards and a touchdown. However, his blocking helped lead the Eagles to the third-highest rushing total (2,115 yards) on the year.
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (groin) questionable for Week 3's showdown with Cleveland September 24th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) a game-time decision for Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (COVID-19) not expected to play in Week 3's game against Rams September 24th, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19 September 20th, 2021
- Eagles place Zach Ertz on COVID-19 reserve list September 20th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Zach Ertz (hamstring) not listed on Week 2's injury report against 49ers September 17th, 2021
- Zach Ertz (hamstring) limited participant in Eagles' Thursday practice September 16th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) fully practices on Thursday September 16th, 2021