Browns deal defensive tackle Danny Shelton to Patriots
According to ESPN's Field Yates, the Cleveland Browns have traded defensive tackle Danny Shelton to the New England Patriots.
In the deal, the Patriots also receive the Browns' 2018 fifth-round pick. As for the Browns, they obtain a third-round pick in next year's draft. The Patriots improve a defense that ranked 29th overall and 26th against the rush in 2017. Meanwhile, the Browns will roll with second-year tackle Larry Ogunjobi.
Last year, Shelton started 14 games and produced 20 tackles and 1 pass defense. He also rated out as a top-20 interior defender as a primary run-stuffer for the Browns.
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) to be ready for start of regular season February 17th, 2020
- Washington's Jordan Reed (concussion) not cleared to play, remains in protocol February 17th, 2020
- Vernon Hargreaves cut by Texans after six-game tenure February 14th, 2020
- Rapoport: Ravens release defensive back Tony Jefferson on Friday February 14th, 2020
- Paul Richardson reportedly cut by Redskins after two seasons February 14th, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Patriots' Tom Brady intends to return in 2020 January 9th, 2020
- Patriots in 'wait and see' mode with Tom Brady January 3rd, 2020
- Julian Edelman (knee, shoulder) questionable for Patriots on Saturday January 2nd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman feels better than 'last few weeks' January 2nd, 2020
- Tom Brady held to 221 yards Sunday in Patriots' loss December 30th, 2019