Report: Redskins allowing Bashaud Breeland to test free agency
ESPN's Josina Anderson reports that the Washington Redskins will allow cornerback Bashaud Breeland to test the free agent market.
The Redskins haven't showed much interest in signing Breeland long-term, so this report makes sense. Breeland was inconsistent in 2017 and was better in a third-corner role for Washington. At 26, he could still get a pricey short-term deal in free agency.
In 15 games, Breeland accounted for 34 tackles, 19 passes defensed and 1 interception (for a touchdown). He ended the year as Pro Football Focus' 54th-ranked corner.
- Miles Sanders touches ball five times in Eagles loss September 28th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dalton Schultz scores twice in victory September 28th, 2021
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (ankle) officially inactive for Week 3's clash with Seahawks September 26th, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (ankle) "unlikely" to play in Vikings' Week 3 contest September 26th, 2021
- Minnesota's Dalvin Cook (ankle) questionable for Week 3's matchup against Seattle September 24th, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (ankle) absent for Vikings again September 23rd, 2021
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- K.J. Osborn leads Vikings receivers in loss September 20th, 2021