Browns release cornerback Jason McCourty
The Cleveland Browns released cornerback Jason McCourty, reports Mike Garafolo of NFL Network.
This is a surprising move with McCourty leading the team's defensive backfield a season ago. But, as the team goes in a new direction, they've decided to use what they've picked up in recent moves, with Damarious Randall and Terrance Mitchell. At 30, McCourty will draw a lot of interest as a free agent.
McCourty finished the 2017 season with 54 tackles, 14 passes defensed and 3 interceptions in 14 starts. Pro Football Focus rated him 27th of all corners.
- Redskins reportedly release Jordan Reed on Thursday February 20th, 2020
- Schefter: Seahawks reportedly sign tight end Greg Olsen to one-year contract on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Eagles reportedly release linebacker Nigel Bradham on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) to be ready for start of regular season February 17th, 2020
- Washington's Jordan Reed (concussion) not cleared to play, remains in protocol February 17th, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Patriots' Tom Brady intends to return in 2020 January 9th, 2020
- Patriots in 'wait and see' mode with Tom Brady January 3rd, 2020
- Julian Edelman (knee, shoulder) questionable for Patriots on Saturday January 2nd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman feels better than 'last few weeks' January 2nd, 2020
- Tom Brady held to 221 yards Sunday in Patriots' loss December 30th, 2019