Longtime Eagles' tight end Brent Celek announces retirement
Brent Celek announced his retirement after 11 NFL seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles.
"It’s a big decision, but it’s not a tough one: Though I know I’m still capable of playing football at a high level, and though I had offers to continue my NFL career, my heart told me that this was the time. The bottom line was this: When I thought long and hard about the prospect of putting on another uniform, it just seemed wrong. In the end, I couldn’t do it." Celek spent his entire career with the Eagles and proved to be as durable as they come, missing just one game over 11 seasons.
Celek caught 398 passes for 4,998 yards (12.6 yards per reception) and 31 touchdowns over 175 career games.
- Derrick Henry dominates for 3 scores in Titans' comeback victory September 19th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski finds endzone twice in blowout victory September 19th, 2021
- Cooper Kupp goes for 163 yards, 2 touchdowns in Rams win September 19th, 2021
- Kyler Murray scores 4 times in wild Cardinals win September 19th, 2021
- Marquise Brown (ankle) active for Ravens Sunday night September 19th, 2021
- Texans' Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) ruled out of Week 3's game against Panthers September 19th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Zach Ertz (hamstring) not listed on Week 2's injury report against 49ers September 17th, 2021
- Zach Ertz (hamstring) limited participant in Eagles' Thursday practice September 16th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) fully practices on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Zach Ertz (hamstring/rest) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Frank: Philadelphia's Kenneth Gainwell reportedly 'going to play a lot this year' August 28th, 2021