Brock Nelson scores a hat trick as Islanders cruise past Columbus
New York Islanders Brock Nelson scored a hat trick and added an assist in Tuesday's 5-2 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Nelson scored go-ahead goals in the first and second periods before completing his hat trick with an empty net goal in the dying seconds of the game. He also registered an assist on Brian Strait's third period goal.
Nelson is having a solid year with Islanders. The 24-year-old has 17 goals and 27 points in 43 contests. We project him to record 11 more goals and 10 more assists over the rest of the season, which would give him a career-best 48 points. While his scoring is up, Nelson's possession metrics have plummeted. Both his Corsi For Percentage (48.3) and his Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength (-2.7) are career-worst clips.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Islanders' Jaroslav Halak starting in goal against the Ducks October 11th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss is back between the pipes Monday for Islanders October 9th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss will be in goal Friday for the Islanders October 6th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss will tend the twine for the Islanders versus Ottawa April 9th, 2017
- Jaroslav Halak in net as Islanders face Carolina April 6th, 2017
- Jaroslav Halak gets the green light by the Islanders on Tuesday April 4th, 2017