Brock Nelson spurs Islanders comeback with third-period goal
New York Islanders forward Brock Nelson's 18th goal of the season spurred a third period comeback for the Isles in a much-needed 3-1 victory over the New York Rangers on home ice Thursday night.
Nelson now has five goals and two assists in his past five games. The Isles were down 1-0 to their crosstown rivals early in the third period, but Nelson tied the game at one. Nick Leddy scored 2:24 later for the game-winning goal.
Nelson now has 28 points in 44 games this season. Our projections have him tallying 12 more goals with 11 more assists over the remainder of the year. The 24-year-old is posting career-worst numbers in his possession metrics. His Corsi For Percentage is 48.5 while his Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength sits at -2.5.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Islanders' Jaroslav Halak starting in goal against the Ducks October 11th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss is back between the pipes Monday for Islanders October 9th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss will be in goal Friday for the Islanders October 6th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss will tend the twine for the Islanders versus Ottawa April 9th, 2017
- Jaroslav Halak in net as Islanders face Carolina April 6th, 2017
- Jaroslav Halak gets the green light by the Islanders on Tuesday April 4th, 2017