Loui Eriksson's overtime goal propels Bruins past Columbus
Boston Bruins forward Loui Eriksson scored the game-winning goal in Tuesday's 2-1 overtime win over the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Eriksson scored just 33 seconds into the extra frame. Torey Krug and David Krejci registered the assists on the goal. The Bruins have an interesting dilemma on their hands. Eriksson is a pending unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, but Boston right in the thick of the playoff race in the Eastern Conference. They must decide if they want to keep him for the playoff push and risk losing him for nothing or deal him before the February 29 trade deadline. The 30-year-old has 20 goals and 45 points in 57 games this season.
Our rest-of-season projections have Eriksson totaling eight more goals with 11 more assists. His 5.4 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength is a career-best clip while his 52.8 Corsi For Percentage is his worst mark since 2012-'13.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Canucks starting Jacob Markstrom against Winnipeg October 12th, 2017
- Canucks' Jacob Markstrom gets the nod against the Senators October 10th, 2017
- Vancouver putting Ryan Miller between the pipes in Arizona April 6th, 2017
- Richard Bachman gets another start in goal for Vancouver April 4th, 2017
- Canucks rolling with Ryan Miller on Sunday April 2nd, 2017
- Ryan Miller is tending the twine for Vancouver on Friday March 31st, 2017