Blake Wheeler scores overtime winner for Winnipeg
Winnipeg Jets forward Blake Wheeler scored the overtime winner in the Jets' 2-1 win over the Anaheim Ducks on Tuesday.
Wheeler snapped a shot at 3:07 of the overtime session on a 2-on-1 break, scoring his 24th goal of the season. He now has goals in three straight games and five goals in the last five games. He's having a career year in the midst of an ugly season for the Jets. His 74 points in 80 games has eclipsed the 69 points he had in the 2013-'14 campaign.
Wheeler's 6.0 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength is a career-best clip while his 55.5 Corsi For Percentage is his best mark since the 2010-'11 season.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Jets starting Connor Hellebuyck against the Canucks October 12th, 2017
- Connor Hellebuyck starting in goal for Winnepeg on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Steve Mason starting between the pipes in Winnipeg's season-opener October 4th, 2017
- Eric Comrie set to make first career start as Jets square off with Columbus April 6th, 2017
- Michael Hutchinson to start in goal for Jets on Tuesday April 4th, 2017
- Jets rolling with Michael Hutchinson as they host the Ducks March 30th, 2017