Derek Stepan nets both Rangers' goals in 5-2 loss
New York Rangers center Derek Stepan scored both New York goals in the Rangers' 5-2 loss in the opening game Wednesday night of their Eastern Conference first-round playoff series against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Stepan was able to cut the Pens' lead to 2-1 on a power-play goal at 3:10 of the third period. Pittsburgh increased its lead to 4-1, however, before Stepan picked up his second goal of the game and at 10:11 of the third. Stepan led both teams in shots on goal with seven.
Stephan netted a career-high 22 goals and dished out 31 assists this season. He finished with a 49.0 Corsi For Percentage, which was below his career average, and 0.8 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Antti Raanta starting between the pipes for the Coyotes on Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Antti Raanta will start for Coyotes in Las Vegas on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Coyotes' Louis Domingue gets the start on the road against Anaheim October 5th, 2017
- Arizona putting Louis Domingue in goal versus the Canucks April 6th, 2017
- Coyotes giving Mike Smith a road start in Dallas April 4th, 2017
- Louis Domingue will be in net as Arizona hosts Washington March 31st, 2017