Alan Quine scores game-winner in double overtime as Islanders prevail
New York Islanders center Alan Quine scored the game-winning goal in the Islanders' 2-1 double overtime win over the Florida Panthers in Game 5.
After 36 minutes of bonus hockey, Quine put an end to the game with his first career playoff goal. The goal was scored on the man-advantage as Panthers' forward Derek MacKenzie was serving a slashing penalty. Marek Zidlicky and Thomas Hickey picked up the assists on the overtime goal. The Islanders will now head home with the opportunity to eliminate the Panthers in Game 6.
Quine, a 23-year-old rookie, played in just two regular season games this year, scoring one goal. In addition to the game-winner, he also has an assist in the series.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Flames tap Mike Smith to start in goal on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Mike Smith starting between the crease for Flames on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Mike Smith starting at goalie for the Flames on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Mike Smith making his Flames debut on Wednesday October 4th, 2017
- Flames will have Brian Elliott in goal as they look for first win of the playoffs April 17th, 2017
- Jon Gillies will make his NHL debut for Calgary on Thursday April 6th, 2017