Mikko Koivu tallies two assists as Minnesota is eliminated
Minnesota Wild center Mikko Koivu contributed two assists in Minnesota's comeback attempt in Game 6 against the Dallas Stars.
The Wild scored three goals before the midway mark of the third period to cut into the Stars' 4-0 lead. Koivu assisted on two goals by Jared Spurgeon during that time, but Minnesota lost the game by a score of 5-4. The veteran center finished the series with five points in six matches.
Owner of superb possession stats over his career, Koivu posted a 52.1 Corsi For Percentage and 4.2 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength. He scored 17 goals with 39 assists this year, giving him his most points since 2010-'11.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Minnesota's Devan Dubnyk starting on the road against Detroit October 5th, 2017
- Wild rolling with Devan Dubnyk in Game 2 against St. Louis April 14th, 2017
- Devan Dubnyk will try for his third straight win on Thursday for the Wild April 6th, 2017
- Devan Dubnyk dons pads Tuesday as Wild attempt to secure seeding April 4th, 2017
- Alex Stalock making his first start of the season for Minnesota tonight March 30th, 2017
- Wild starting Devan Dubnyk in goal on Tuesday March 28th, 2017