Capitals' Nate Schmidt likely to be scratched Wednesday
Washington Capitals defenseman Nate Schmidt is expected to be a healthy scratch in Game 4 on Wednesday night against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
He stayed on the ice late with the scratches at the morning skate. Mike Weber also said he would be in the lineup even though Caps' coach Barry Trotz wouldn't comment on his lineup.
Schmidt tallied 16 points (two goals, 14 assists) in 72 games played in the regular season and was mediocre at driving possession. His Corsi For Percentage was 50.1, and his Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength was -0.8. In nine playoff games this season, his possession stats have improved to 53.5 and 1.8, respectively, but he's tallied just one point.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Vegas' Marc-Andre Fleury earns 72nd career playoff win, moves to eighth all-time May 17th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury makes 28 saves as Golden Knights shut out Sharks, advance to Western Conference Finals May 7th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury (concussion) placed on Golden Knights' injured reserve list October 15th, 2017
- Marc-Andre Fleury will start for Vegas on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Marc-Andre Fleury will start Vegas' home opener October 10th, 2017