Mathieu Perreault agrees to four-year extension with Jets
The Winnipeg Jets signed winger Mathieu Perreault to a a four-year, $16.5 million contract extension.
Perreault still has one year left on a three-year, $9 million contract, so his new deal won't take effect until 2017-18. He's been as consistent as they come, tallying 43 points, 41 and 41 again, respectively, over the last three seasons. Perreault's goal total was cut in half last season, but he made up the difference with a career high 32 assists.
Perreault has always been good at driving possession, but his totals last season were outstanding and the best of his career. His Corsi For Percentage was 57.9 and his Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength was 8.3. He's one of the more underrated players in the NHL.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Jets starting Connor Hellebuyck against the Canucks October 12th, 2017
- Connor Hellebuyck starting in goal for Winnepeg on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Steve Mason starting between the pipes in Winnipeg's season-opener October 4th, 2017
- Eric Comrie set to make first career start as Jets square off with Columbus April 6th, 2017
- Michael Hutchinson to start in goal for Jets on Tuesday April 4th, 2017
- Jets rolling with Michael Hutchinson as they host the Ducks March 30th, 2017