Lightning sign Alex Killorn to seven-year deal
Tampa Bay Lightning winger Alex Killorn has agreed to a seven-year, $31.15 million contract with the team.
"We're very comfortable doing a long-term contract at the right cap number with Alex," general manager Steve Yzerman told the Times. "He's been with us his entire career. He's a high-character young man, tremendously fit, and part of the core of our team. We're trying to keep the core together as much as we can." The Lightning also re-signed captain Steven Stamkos and defenseman Victor Hedman to a pair of eight-year extensions this offseason. Killorn will avoid arbitration with the new deal (a hearing was scheduled for Wednesday), which will be worth $4.45 million per year.
Killorn finished the year with 14 goals and a career-high 26 helpers. He posted a 52.7 Corsi For Percentage and career-worst -1.0 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Lightning's Steven Stamkos (lower body) will play Thursday against New Jersey April 12th, 2018
- Andrei Vasilevskiy is starting in goal for the Lightning on Monday October 16th, 2017
- Andrei Vasilevskiy gets the start on Monday for Tampa Bay October 9th, 2017
- Andrei Vasilevskiy will start as Tampa Bay battles Florida October 6th, 2017
- Lightning sign Tyler Johnson to seven-year deal July 11th, 2017