Detroit calls up Jared Coreau to make his second start of the year
The Detroit Red Wings are giving goalie Jared Coreau the second start of his career as they visit the Florida Panthers on Friday.
Coreau has played well for Grand Rapids in the AHL. He owns an 11-6-0 record, with a 2.18 goals-against average and a .924 save percentage, in 17 games played. In the only professional start of his career, the 25-year-old allowed four goals on 36 shots in a loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins on December 3.
Our models don't think much of Coreau's chances tonight as he is our worst goalie option on the deep 12-game slate. He is projected for 2.9 goals allowed, 25.5 saves and only a 25.0 percent chance of winning.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Jake Allen starting in goal for the Blues on Thursday night October 12th, 2017
- Carter Hutton will start for Blues on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Jake Allen starting in goal for Blues on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Blues' Jake Allen will start Wednesday's season-opener October 4th, 2017
- Jake Allen getting the nod in Game 2 for Blues April 14th, 2017