Ben Bishop signs six-year deal with Stars
The Dallas Stars and goalie Ben Bishop have agreed to a six-year, $29.5 million contract.
Bishop is coming off a down year for his standards, but the Stars are clearly banking on him returning to his form from the 2013-14 and 2015-16 seasons when he was a Vezina Trophy finalist. The next move will likely be to deal either Kari Lehtonen or Antti Niemi, who carry a combined cap hit of $10.4 million for the 2017-18 campaign.
Bishop posted a 2.54 goals-against average and .910 save percentage in 39 appearances last season for the Tampa Bay Lightning and Los Angeles Kings. He went 18-15-5 between the two squads.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Ben Bishop to man the crease for Dallas against the Predators October 12th, 2017
- Ben Bishop is starting Tuesday in Dallas October 10th, 2017
- Ben Bishop will start between the pipes for Dallas October 6th, 2017
- Ben Bishop signs six-year deal with Stars May 12th, 2017
- Dallas acquires Ben Bishop from Kings May 9th, 2017
- Stars expected to roll with Antti Niemi in goal on Tuesday April 4th, 2017