Penguins' Matt Murray starting in goal against the Blues
Pittsburgh Penguins netminder Matt Murray will start Wednesday's season-opener against the St. Louis Blues.
Murray solidified himself as the Penguins' number-one goalie in the 2016-17 season, starting 47 games while posting a 2.41 goals against average and finishing 8th among qualifying goalies with a .923 save percentage. Pittsburgh brought in Antti Niemi in the off-season, but he will serve as Murray's backup, likely spelling him only when Murray needs rest days.
Murray is numberFire's top-projected fantasy goalie on Wednesday. We project him for 29.1 saves, 2.1 goals against, a 67.0% chance of scoring a win and 10.0% chance of scoring a shutout -- good for 21.9 fantasy points while he's priced at $9,100 on FanDuel.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Sidney Crosby secures hat trick in Penguins' Game 1 win over Flyers April 12th, 2018
- Penguins acquire Derick Brassard from Senators February 23rd, 2018
- Matt Murray (lower-body) considered week-to-week for Penguins November 28th, 2017
- Penguins rolling with Antti Niemi in goal on Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Matt Murray will start for Penguins against Capitals October 11th, 2017
- Antti Niemi gets the start in net for Penguins on Thursday October 5th, 2017