Cam Talbot named the Oilers' starting goalie for Wednesday's home game
Edmonton Oilers goalie Cam Talbot will man the crease for Wednesday's season-opener at home against the Calgary Flames.
Talbot remains the Oilers' top netminder after putting together a 42-22-8 record with a 2.39 goals against average and .919 save percentage over 73 starts in the 2016-17 season.
numberFire's models have Talbot as the second-highest scoring fantasy goalie on today's slate, projecting him for 2.3 goals against, 26.1 saves and a 71.0% chance of scoring a win -- the second-highest on the slate. His 20.8 projected fantasy points represent strong value while he's priced at $8,300 on FanDuel.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Flames tap Mike Smith to start in goal on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Mike Smith starting between the crease for Flames on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Mike Smith starting at goalie for the Flames on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Mike Smith making his Flames debut on Wednesday October 4th, 2017
- Flames will have Brian Elliott in goal as they look for first win of the playoffs April 17th, 2017
- Jon Gillies will make his NHL debut for Calgary on Thursday April 6th, 2017