Thomas Greiss will be in goal Friday for the Islanders
New York Islanders goalie Thoams Greiss is starting in goal in the club's season opener on Friday night.
Greiss is entering his third season with the Islanders and the second one as the team's primary goaltender. He was a bit of a disappointment in 2016-17 with a .913 save percentage, 2.65 goals against average, and 26-18-5 record in 50 games played.
Our models project Greiss for 2.8 goals allowed, 28.1 saves, and a 49.0% chance of winning for 17.4 FanDuel points in Friday's opener versus the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Red Wings starting Petr Mrazek against Vegas on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Petr Mrazek will defend Red Wings' net against Stars October 10th, 2017
- Jimmy Howard starting at home for the Red Wings on Thursday October 5th, 2017
- Jimmy Howard donning the pads for Detroit on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Jimmy Howard will be in net as the Red Wings take on the Senators April 4th, 2017
- Petr Mrazek donning the pads on Monday for Detroit April 3rd, 2017