Thomas Greiss will be in goal Friday for the Islanders
New York Islanders goalie Thoams Greiss is starting in goal in the club's season opener on Friday night.
Greiss is entering his third season with the Islanders and the second one as the team's primary goaltender. He was a bit of a disappointment in 2016-17 with a .913 save percentage, 2.65 goals against average, and 26-18-5 record in 50 games played.
Our models project Greiss for 2.8 goals allowed, 28.1 saves, and a 49.0% chance of winning for 17.4 FanDuel points in Friday's opener versus the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Islanders' Jaroslav Halak starting in goal against the Ducks October 11th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss is back between the pipes Monday for Islanders October 9th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss will be in goal Friday for the Islanders October 6th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss will tend the twine for the Islanders versus Ottawa April 9th, 2017
- Jaroslav Halak in net as Islanders face Carolina April 6th, 2017
- Jaroslav Halak gets the green light by the Islanders on Tuesday April 4th, 2017