Panthers' Roberto Luongo will be in goal on Friday
The Florida Panthers are starting Roberto Luongo in goal for their season opener versus the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Luongo is entering his 18th NHL season and 9th with the Panthers. He is coming off his worst season since 2006. Luongo posted a .915 save percentage, 2.65 goals against average, and a 17-15-6 record in 40 games played in 2016-17.
Our models project Luongo for 2.9 goals allowed, 27.5 saves, and a 38.0% chance of winning on Friday for 15.2 FanDuel points, the second-lowest total on the 3-game slate.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Panthers' Roberto Luongo starting in goal on Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Panthers' Roberto Luongo will be in goal on Friday October 6th, 2017
- James Reimer will be in net as the Panthers end their 2016-17 campaign April 9th, 2017
- Panthers asking Reto Berra to stop the Canadiens April 3rd, 2017
- Panthers green-light Reto Berra against Montreal March 30th, 2017
- James Reimer starting as Florida travels to Toronto March 28th, 2017