Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night
Toronto Maple Leafs center Auston Matthews will not play Thurday against the New Jersey Devils, according to Sportsnet's Chris Johnston.
For Matthews, this will be his fourth straight game he's missed with an upper body ailment. The specifics aren't known but he appears close to making a return to the ice. His next chance to play will be on Saturday against the Montreal Canadiens.
Through 16 games, Matthews has 10 goals on 53 shots. He's also averaging 18.9 FanDuel points per game to this point in his second NHL season.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night November 16th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) not playing on Wednesday night November 8th, 2017
- Maple Leafs' Frederik Andersen confirmed as Wednesday's starting goalie October 11th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting in goal for Toronto on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting Toronto's season-opener in Winnipeg October 4th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen will be in goal for Toronto in Game 5 April 21st, 2017