Penguins acquire Derick Brassard from Senators
According to TSN's Darren Dreger, the Pittsburgh Penguins acquired center Derick Brassard from the Ottawa Senators.
In exchange for Brassard, Ottawa will receive Ian Cole, Filip Gustavsson and a 2018 first-round pick. It's quite a haul for Brassard, but this will give the Penguins that much more firepower for the stretch run before and through the playoffs.
Through 57 games, the 30-year-old has 17 goals, 19 assists while averaging 18.3 minutes of ice time per game.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Islanders' Jaroslav Halak starting in goal against the Ducks October 11th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss is back between the pipes Monday for Islanders October 9th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss will be in goal Friday for the Islanders October 6th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss will tend the twine for the Islanders versus Ottawa April 9th, 2017
- Jaroslav Halak in net as Islanders face Carolina April 6th, 2017
- Jaroslav Halak gets the green light by the Islanders on Tuesday April 4th, 2017