Sidney Crosby secures hat trick in Penguins' Game 1 win over Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins center Sidney Crosby posted three goals in Wednesday's 7-0 win over the Philadelphia Flyers.
In attaining his third career playoff hat trick, Crosby tied the franchise record, held my Mario Lemieux. He put up one goal in the second period before tallying two in the matter of nearly three minutes in the third. Crosby had four shots on goal and a hit in his 16-plus minutes on the ice.
For his career, Crosby now has 60 goals and 167 points in 149 postseason games. We give the Penguins a 8.56% chance of three-peating as Stanley Cup champions.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Sidney Crosby secures hat trick in Penguins' Game 1 win over Flyers April 12th, 2018
- Penguins acquire Derick Brassard from Senators February 23rd, 2018
- Matt Murray (lower-body) considered week-to-week for Penguins November 28th, 2017
- Penguins rolling with Antti Niemi in goal on Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Matt Murray will start for Penguins against Capitals October 11th, 2017
- Antti Niemi gets the start in net for Penguins on Thursday October 5th, 2017