John Tavares scores twice as Islanders top Sharks
New York Islanders center John Tavares scored twice in the Islanders' 4-2 win over the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday.
Tavares scored 36 seconds into the game and added an empty-net goal with less than four seconds remaining. The superstar forward had gone four games without a point. Mikhail Grabovski added a goal and an assist while Johnny Boychuk picked up the winning goal on a long shot from outside the blue line. Brock Nelson also collected two assists in the win.
Tavares is averaging a point per game through 13 games as he's recorded seven goals and six assists. We see him maintaining exactly a point-per-game pace the rest of the way, projecting him for 29 goals and 35 assists in 64 games.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night November 16th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) not playing on Wednesday night November 8th, 2017
- Maple Leafs' Frederik Andersen confirmed as Wednesday's starting goalie October 11th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting in goal for Toronto on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting Toronto's season-opener in Winnipeg October 4th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen will be in goal for Toronto in Game 5 April 21st, 2017