Another two-goal game for Islanders' John Tavares
New York Islanders center John Tavares pumped in two goals to help the Islanders defeat the visiting Arizona Coyotes, 5-2, on Monday night.
The Islanders' superstar also had an assist, giving him nine goals and eight assists on the season. Tavares had a two-goal game last week, as well. Tavares wasn't the only Islander to register a multi-point game against the Coyotes. Kyle Okposo registered his 10th, 11th and 12th assists of the season. Brock Nelson notched his sixth goal and sixth assist. Frans Nielsen had his eighth goal and sixth assist. Steve Bernier also scored a goal for the Isles, his first of the season.
Tavares has tallied over a point per game in each of the past two seasons. He's on pace to do it again, racking up 17 points in the first 16 games of the season. We project him to record 62 points over the final 63 games.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night November 16th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) not playing on Wednesday night November 8th, 2017
- Maple Leafs' Frederik Andersen confirmed as Wednesday's starting goalie October 11th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting in goal for Toronto on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting Toronto's season-opener in Winnipeg October 4th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen will be in goal for Toronto in Game 5 April 21st, 2017