Texans sign coach Bill O'Brien to a four-year extension
The Houston Texans signed head coach Bill O'Brien to a four-year extension that will run through 2022.
New general manager Brian Gaine signed a matching five-year contract that will also run through 2022. O'Brien's 31-33 record isn't terribly impressive, but he may finally have a franchise quarterback in the dynamic Deshaun Watson. The extension is also probably good news for DeAndre Hopkins, who led the league in targets this season.
After going 9-7 in his first three seasons, O'Brien dropped to 4-12 this year, although some of that can be blamed on some terrible luck with injuries, including season-enders to Watson and J.J. Watt.
- Carson Wentz (back) practices in full for Eagles Thursday October 18th, 2018
- Rhett Ellison (foot) a full participant in Thursday's practice for New York October 18th, 2018
- Evan Engram (knee) practicing in full for New York on Thursday October 18th, 2018
- Terrelle Pryor (groin) absent from Thursday's practice October 18th, 2018
- Isaiah Crowell (foot) did not participate in Jets' Thursday practice October 18th, 2018
- Theo Riddick (knee) remains out for Lions Thursday October 18th, 2018
- D'Onta Foreman (Achilles, PUP) not expected to be activated for Texans Week 7 October 15th, 2018
- Texans' Deshaun Watson turns it over 3 times in Week 6 October 14th, 2018
- DeAndre Hopkins reaches the end zone in Texans' win on Sunday October 14th, 2018
- Deshaun Watson (chest) playing for Texans October 14th, 2018
- Texans' Keke Coutee (hamstring) will play on Sunday October 13th, 2018
- Lamar Miller (chest) practiced in full on Thursday for Houston October 11th, 2018