German Marquez lands on Rockies' IL with arm injury
The Colorado Rockies placed starting pitcher German Marquez on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to August 23, with right arm inflammation.
Marquez apparently suffered the injury in his most recent start last Thursday. He allowed 4 runs on 6 hits over six innings in a no-decision against the St. Louis Cardinals in that outing. The Rockies also recalled left-hander Phillip Diehl and right-hander Joe Harvey from Triple-A Albuquerque.
Marquez owns a 12-5 record in 28 starts this season. He's posted a 4.76 ERA and 1.20 WHIP with 175 strikeouts and 35 walks over 174 innings.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Sam Hilliard starting for Rockies in Game 162 September 29th, 2019
- Ian Desmond on Rockies' bench in finale with Brewers September 29th, 2019
- Trevor Story sitting for Rockies in Sunday's season finale September 29th, 2019
- Rockies' Drew Butera catching on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Yonathan Daza in center field for Colorado on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Colorado's Nolan Arenado resting on Saturday September 28th, 2019