Yandy Diaz (foot) still sitting for Rays in ALDS Game 5
Tampa Bay Rays infielder Yandy Diaz (foot) remains out of the starting lineup for Game 5 of the American League Division Series on Thursday night against right-hander Gerrit Cole and the Houston Astros.
Diaz hasn't played since making an early exit from Game 3 due to lingering left foot soreness. The Rays' full Game 5 lineup: Austin Meadows LF, Tommy Pham DH, Ji-Man Choi 1B, Travis d’Arnaud C, Eric Sogard 2B, Avisail García RF, Joey Wendle 3B, Kevin Kiermaier CF, Willy Adames SS. Tyler Glasnow is starting on the mound for Tampa Bay in this winner-goes-home matchup.
The Rays are heavy underdogs on the road and have an implied total of just 2.64 runs against Cole and the Astros in Game 5.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Yandy Diaz (foot) still sitting for Rays in ALDS Game 5 October 10th, 2019
- Travis d'Arnaud cleaning up Thursday for Rays in ALDS Game 5 October 10th, 2019
- Brandon Lowe on Rays' bench versus Astros in ALDS Game 5 October 10th, 2019
- Eric Sogard starting for Rays Thursday in ALDS Game 5 October 10th, 2019
- Joey Wendle on hot corner for Rays Tuesday in ALDS Game 4 October 8th, 2019
- Austin Meadows leading off for Rays Game 4 versus Astros October 8th, 2019