Stephen Strasburg, Nationals spank Astros 12-3 in Game 2
Washington Nationals starting pitcher Stephen Strasburg allowed 2 runs on 7 hits over six innings with 7 strikeouts and 1 walk in a 12-3 victory over the Houston Astros in Game 2 of the World Series on Wednesday.
Alex Bregman hit a 2-run homer off Strasburg in the first inning that evened up the game, but the ace right-hander zeroed in after that. The Nationals will likely call on Strasburg again in Game 6, if necessary. Juan Soto went 1-for-3 with a double, 2 walks, and 2 runs scored in the blowout victory. Adam Eaton went 2-for-4 with a 2-run homer and 2 runs scored. Anthony Rendon went 1-for-4 with a two-run double and a walk. Kurt Suzuki hit a go-ahead dinger in the sixth inning. Game 3 will be played in the nation's capital on Friday.
Strasburg's 1.34 ERA this postseason ranks only behind Mariano Rivera (0.70) and Sandy Koufax (0.90) in the live-ball era for pitchers who have thrown 40 or more innings in the playoffs.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston in World Series Game 5 on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Yordan Alvarez starting in left field for Houston in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer (neck) scratched, Joe Ross to start in Game 5 October 27th, 2019
- Nationals' Howie Kendrick returns to the lineup for Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals' Yan Gomes catching World Series Game 4 on Saturday October 26th, 2019