Padres want Jurickson Profar 'concentrated at second base' during spring training
San Diego Padres infielder Jurickson Profar will primarily focus on playing second base.
According to manager Jayce Tingler, Profar will spend all of spring training working on the details of playing second base after struggling with errors at the position. "Right now, where we're trying to get his progression on the throwing, we find it best to just stay concentrated at second base," said Tingler. "But, again, being a switch-hitter and being able to play six or seven different positions, we view that as a positive."
Expect Profar to enter the regular season as San Diego's starting second baseman. In 459 at-bats last season, Profar produced a .218 average with 20 home runs and 67 RBI.
- Jose Iglesias in Angels' Friday lineup June 18th, 2021
- Max Stassi starting on Friday for Los Angeles June 18th, 2021
- David Fletcher not in Angels' Friday lineup June 18th, 2021
- Kurt Suzuki sitting for Los Angeles on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Miguel Sano not in Twins' Friday lineup June 18th, 2021
- Willians Astudillo batting ninth for Twins on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Victor Caratini catching for San Diego versus Reds June 17th, 2021
- Padres' Jake Cronenworth on second base Thursday June 17th, 2021
- Eric Hosmer back on first Thursday for Padres June 17th, 2021
- Victor Caratini on San Diego's bench Wednesday June 16th, 2021
- Padres' Jake Cronenworth sitting Wednesday June 16th, 2021
- Eric Hosmer sitting for Padres Wednesday afternoon June 16th, 2021