Padres want Jurickson Profar 'concentrated at second base' during spring training
San Diego Padres infielder Jurickson Profar will primarily focus on playing second base.
According to manager Jayce Tingler, Profar will spend all of spring training working on the details of playing second base after struggling with errors at the position. "Right now, where we're trying to get his progression on the throwing, we find it best to just stay concentrated at second base," said Tingler. "But, again, being a switch-hitter and being able to play six or seven different positions, we view that as a positive."
Expect Profar to enter the regular season as San Diego's starting second baseman. In 459 at-bats last season, Profar produced a .218 average with 20 home runs and 67 RBI.
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to be back on mound 'soon' April 7th, 2020
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Diamondbacks-Padres April 18-19 Mexico City series canceled March 19th, 2020
- Fernando Tatis Jr. (illness) back in Padres' lineup Monday March 9th, 2020
- Padres want Jurickson Profar 'concentrated at second base' during spring training February 16th, 2020
- Manuel Margot out of Padres' lineup in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Hunter Renfroe on Padres' bench in Sunday's finale September 29th, 2019
- Francisco Mejia behind Padres' plate Sunday afternoon September 29th, 2019