Royals' Salvador Perez (elbow) to play catcher Thursday
Kansas City Royals catcher Salvador Perez (elbow) is expected to make his first Cactus League start at catcher on Thursday.
Perez is expected to be ready for Opening Day after missing all of 2019 while recovering from Tommy John surgery. His batting average dipped from .268 in 2017 to .235 in 2018.
Despite the regression in batting average, Perez hit exactly 27 homers and 80 RBI in each of his last two seasons.
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to be back on mound 'soon' April 7th, 2020
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Royals' Salvador Perez (elbow) to play catcher Thursday February 26th, 2020
- Ryan McBroom in Royals' Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Nicky Lopez not in Royals' Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Nick Dini starting for Saturday for the Royals September 28th, 2019
- Kansas City's Humberto Arteaga in the starting lineup Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Royals' Erick Mejia starting Saturday September 28th, 2019