Yankees' James Paxton (back) throws pain-free Wednesday
New York Yankees starting pitcher James Paxton played catch pain-free Wednesday for the first time since undergoing back surgery.
Paxton had a cyst removed from his spine on February 5. The 31-year-old left-hander said mid-May is the earliest he will be ready to make his season debut.
numberFire's models currently project Paxton for a 4.01 ERA and 1.23 WHIP with 152 strikeouts and 44 walks this season.
- Tommy Edman (torso) scratched from Cardinals' Tuesday lineup; Lane Thomas enters June 15th, 2021
- Kean Wong hitting sixth for Los Angeles on Tuesday June 15th, 2021
- Kurt Suzuki starting behind the plate for Angels on Tuesday June 15th, 2021
- Anthony Rendon (triceps) out of Angels' Tuesday lineup against Oakland June 15th, 2021
- Angels' Max Stassi resting on Tuesday night June 15th, 2021
- Nomar Mazara absent from Tigers' lineup Tuesday June 15th, 2021
- Luis Torrens starting in Seattle's Tuesday lineup against Twins June 15th, 2021
- Tom Murphy catching Monday for Mariners June 14th, 2021
- Mitch Haniger (knee) out of Mariners' lineup Monday night June 14th, 2021
- Mariners' Jake Fraley batting second Monday June 14th, 2021
- Seattle's Jake Fraley sitting on Sunday June 13th, 2021
- Jose Godoy catching for Seattle on Sunday June 13th, 2021