Kelvin Gutierrez (elbow) placed on Royals 60-day IL
The Kansas City Royals placed third baseman Kelvin Gutierrez on the 60-day injured list with a right elbow strain.
Gutierrez was diagnosed with a Grade 2 sprain of the UCL in his elbow earlier this week. The 25-year-old had been competing for a reserve role to start the year. He hit .260/.304/.356 with 1 home run and 11 RBI over 79 plate appearances (20 games) last season in his first taste of the bigs. The move clears a spot on the Royals' 40-man roster for new additions Franchy Cordero and Ronald Bolanos.
Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Royals are tied for having the worst odds (+30000) to win the 2020 World Series.
- Gorgui Dieng starting for Memphis on Saturday in place of injured Brandon Clarke February 6th, 2021
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Alex Gordon leading off for Royals Sunday in final MLB game September 27th, 2020
- Kansas City's Edward Olivares in center field on Saturday September 26th, 2020
- Royals' Ryan McBroom hitting sixth on Saturday September 26th, 2020
- Ryan O'Hearn out of Kansas City's Saturday lineup against Tigers September 26th, 2020
- Ryan O'Hearn serving as Royals' designated hitter Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Franchy Cordero (wrist) active, starting for Royals on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020