Cubs' Javier Baez (thumb) scratched on Sunday, Eric Sogard to start against Cardinals
Chicago Cubs infielder Javier Baez (thumb) has been scratched from Sunday's game against the St. Louis Cardinals.
Baez's thumb injury is reportedly acting up following a diving play in Saturday's game and he has been removed for precautionary reasons. Sergio Alcantara will move from second base to shortstop with Eric Sogard entering the lineup at second base. Sogard will bat seventh versus right-hander Carlos Martinez and the Cardinals.
The Cubs implied team total of 4.71 runs is the eleventh-highest team total on Sunday's 'All Day' slate, according to numberFire's DFS Heat Map.
- Padres acquire Adam Frazier in trade with Pirates July 25th, 2021
- Zack Collins sitting for White Sox on Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Seby Zavala catching for Chicago on Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Jace Peterson starting for Milwaukee Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Milwaukee gives Luis Urias Sunday off July 25th, 2021
- Brewers' Manny Pina sitting Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Jake Marisnick in Cubs' Sunday lineup July 25th, 2021
- David Bote starting for Chicago on Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Jason Heyward sitting on Sunday for Chicago July 25th, 2021
- Rafael Ortega sitting for Cubs on Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Cubs starting Willson Contreras behind the plate on Saturday July 24th, 2021
- Matt Duffy heads to Cubs' bench on Saturday afternoon July 24th, 2021