Harold Castro held out of Tigers' lineup Friday
Detroit Tigers infielder Harold Castro is not in the starting lineup for Friday's series opener against left-hander Kris Bubic and the Kansas City Royals.
Castro had started the previous four contests at three different position for Detroit. He could potentially see regular playing time at second base while Isaac Paredes (hip) and Niko Goodrum (calf) are on the injured list. Miguel Cabrera is returning to first base in place of Castro on Friday and hitting cleanup. Eric Haase is hitting third after cleaning up last game.
numberFire’s models project Cabrera for 8.5 FanDuel points and he has a $2,600 salary on Friday. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Tigers have an implied total of 5.2 runs. Among qualified pitchers this season, Bubic's xwOBA (.363) and xERA (5.80) both rank in the bottom eighth percentile.
- Houston's Jose Siri in center field on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Houston's Alex Bregman batting second on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Carlos Correa hitting sixth for Astros on Thursday night September 16th, 2021
- Aledmys Diaz sent to Houston's bench on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jonah Heim joining Rangers' bench against Astros September 16th, 2021
- Adolis Garcia grabbing seat for Rangers Thursday night September 16th, 2021
- Harold Castro sitting for Tigers versus Tampa Bay September 16th, 2021
- Akil Baddoo on Tigers' bench Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Niko Goodrum sitting Wednesday for Detroit September 15th, 2021
- Eric Haase held out of Tigers' lineup Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Harold Castro on Tigers' bench Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Eric Haase catching Tuesday for Tigers September 14th, 2021