Tyler Naquin on track to start in centerfield for Cleveland
Cleveland Indians outfielder Tyler Naquin "is on track to start in center field once the season the opens," writes Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
The Indians signed veterans Rajai Davis and Will Venable over the winter, but it's been Naquin who is taking advantage of Abraham Almonte's 80-game suspension. He could wind up serving on the long side of a platoon in center with Davis. He may not have a ton of mixed league value in 2016, although he can steal some bases and should hit for average eventually.
Naquin was limited to 84 games between Double- and Triple-A last season due to injury but hit .300/.381/.446 when he was healthy. The former first-round pick has batted a robust .400/.462/.629 over 35 plate appearances this spring, notching three triples and a stolen base.
- Jorge Soler leading off for Braves in Game 5 on Sunday October 31st, 2021
- Joc Pederson batting fifth in Atlanta's Saturday Game 4 lineup October 30th, 2021
- Jorge Soler heads to Atlanta's bench on Saturday October 30th, 2021
- Jose Siri out of Houston's Game 3 Friday lineup October 29th, 2021
- Joc Pederson heads to Atlanta's bench on Friday night October 29th, 2021
- Braves' Eddie Rosario leading off in Game 2 on Wednesday October 27th, 2021
- Oscar Mercado starting on Sunday for Cleveland October 3rd, 2021
- Austin Hedges starting on Sunday for Indians October 3rd, 2021
- Amed Rosario in Cleveland's Sunday lineup October 3rd, 2021
- Roberto Perez not in Cleveland's Sunday lineup October 3rd, 2021
- Harold Ramirez sitting for Cleveland on Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Bobby Bradley sitting for Indians Sunday afternoon October 3rd, 2021