Pirates place Canaan Smith-Njigba (wrist) on 60-day IL
The Pittsburgh Pirates placed outfielder Canaan Smith-Njigba on the 60-day injured list with a non-displaced fracture of the schaphoid bone in his right wrist.
Smith-Njigba made his MLB debut earlier this week and started the past two games, but he is now on the shelf for an extended period. Jack Suwinski is replacing Smith-Njigba in left field and hitting sixth in Friday's series opener against left-hander Carlos Rodon and the San Francisco Giants.
numberFire’s models project Suwinski for 10.3 FanDuel points on Friday, and he has a $2,200 salary. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Pirates’ implied total (3.38) is third-lowest out of the 22 teams available on the Main slate.
- Christian Vazquez hitting sixth in Houston's Saturday World Series Game 6 lineup November 5th, 2022
- Trey Mancini operating first base for Astros on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Yuli Gurriel (knee) taken off Houston's World Series roster on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Matt Vierling in center field for Philadelphia on Saturday night November 5th, 2022
- Phillies starting Edmundo Sosa at shortstop in Saturday's World Series Game 6 matchup November 5th, 2022
- Astros' David Hensley batting seventh in Game 5 on Thursday November 3rd, 2022
- Jason Delay catching for Pirates on Wednesday afternoon October 5th, 2022
- Pittsburgh's Diego Castillo operating first base on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Kevin Newman batting leadoff in Pirates' Wednesday lineup October 5th, 2022
- Bryan Reynolds heads to Pittsburgh's bench on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Pirates' Ben Gamel batting seventh on Tuesday October 4th, 2022
- Tyler Heineman catching for Pirates on Tuesday October 4th, 2022