Alec Burleson left off Cardinals' Wild Card roster
St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Alec Burleson did not make the Wild Card roster.
The Cardinals opted to bring Nolan Gorman back on board in lieu of Burleson. Lars Nootbaar will start in right field in Game 1 on Friday versus right-hander Zack Wheeler and the Philadelphia Phillies. Albert Pujols will be the designated hitter and bat second.
Pujols has a $3,000 salary on Friday and numberFire’s models project him for 12.1 FanDuel points. Nootbaar has a $2,600 salary and is projected for 10.9 FanDuel points. They are both considered top-five point-per-dollar values among batters today. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Cardinals have an implied total of 3.24 and the over/under for the game is 6.5.
- Christian Vazquez hitting sixth in Houston's Saturday World Series Game 6 lineup November 5th, 2022
- Trey Mancini operating first base for Astros on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Yuli Gurriel (knee) taken off Houston's World Series roster on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Matt Vierling in center field for Philadelphia on Saturday night November 5th, 2022
- Phillies starting Edmundo Sosa at shortstop in Saturday's World Series Game 6 matchup November 5th, 2022
- Astros' David Hensley batting seventh in Game 5 on Thursday November 3rd, 2022
- Juan Yepez operating right field in St. Louis' Saturday Wild Card Game 2 lineup October 8th, 2022
- Cardinals bench Dylan Carlson on Saturday October 8th, 2022
- Alec Burleson left off Cardinals' Wild Card roster October 7th, 2022
- Corey Dickerson in left field for St. Louis on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Paul Goldschmidt sent to Cardinals' bench on Wednesday afternoon October 5th, 2022
- Cardinals rest Albert Pujols on Wednesday October 5th, 2022