Jose Altuve (thumb surgery) out for Astros at least 2 months
Houston Astros second baseman Jose Altuve underwent surgery on his right thumb Wednesday.
Altuve suffered a thumb fracture when he was hit by a pitch Saturday night in the World Baseball Classic. He's supposed to miss two months before resuming baseball activities. David Hensley and Mauricio Dubon are expected to cover second base for the Astros while Altuve is inactive.
Altuve averaged 12.1 FanDuel points per game last season and slashed .300/.387/.533 with 28 homers, 39 doubles, 57 RBI, 18 steals, and 103 runs scored across 604 plate appearances.
- Yankees starting Kyle Higashioka at catcher on Wednesday night May 31st, 2023
- Colorado's Alan Trejo operating second base on Wednesday May 31st, 2023
- Harold Castro left on Colorado's bench on Wednesday May 31st, 2023
- Austin Wynns catching for Rockies on Wednesday May 31st, 2023
- Rockies rest Kris Bryant on Wednesday night May 31st, 2023
- Taylor Trammell taking over designated hitting duties for Seattle on Wednesday May 31st, 2023
- Mauricio Dubon leading off in Astros' Wednesday lineup May 31st, 2023
- Martin Maldonado behind the plate for Houston on Wednesday May 31st, 2023
- Astros starting Jake Meyers in center field on Wednesday night May 31st, 2023
- Houston's Jose Altuve receives Wednesday off May 31st, 2023
- Jake Meyers moving to Astros bench Tuesday May 30th, 2023
- Mauricio Dubon in Houston dugout Tuesday May 30th, 2023