Xander Bogaerts batting fourth in Padres debut on Opening Day
San Diego Padres infielder Xander Bogaerts is in the starting lineup for Thursday's game against the Colorado Rockies on Opening Day.
Bogaerts will start at shortstop on Thursday and bat fourth versus right-hander German Marquez and the Rockies. Jake Cronenworth, Ha-Seong Kim, and Manny Machado round out the starting infield with Austin Nola behind the plate and Matt Carpenter at designated hitter. Juan Soto, Trent Grisham, and David Dahl start in the outfield.
numberFire's models project Bogaerts for 12.1 FanDuel points on Thursday. The Padres implied team total of 4.08 runs is the eighth-highest team total on Thursday's 'All Day' slate, according to numberFire's DFS Heat Map.
- Jose Trevino (hamstring) starting behind the plate for Yankees on Tuesday May 30th, 2023
- Greg Allen in center field for New York on Tuesday night May 30th, 2023
- Yankees starting Anthony Volpe at shortstop on Tuesday May 30th, 2023
- Yankees place Harrison Bader (hamstring) on 10-day injured list on Tuesday May 30th, 2023
- San Francisco's Blake Sabol handling designated hitting duties on Tuesday May 30th, 2023
- Michael Conforto batting cleanup for San Francisco on Tuesday May 30th, 2023
- Jake Cronenworth leading off Tuesday for San Diego May 30th, 2023
- Gary Sanchez making Padres debut Tuesday May 30th, 2023
- Juan Soto (back) returns Tuesday for Padres May 30th, 2023
- Juan Soto (back) scratched for Padres Sunday; Jose Azocar enters May 28th, 2023
- Brett Sullivan sitting for San Diego Sunday May 28th, 2023
- Austin Nola catching for Padres Sunday May 28th, 2023