Blake Parker expected to start year as Angels' closer
Los Angeles Angels reliever Blake Parker "likely enters the season as the first choice to pitch the ninth inning," writes Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register.
Parker has been outperformed by Cam Bedrosian this spring, but the 32-year-old right-hander spun a 2.54 ERA, 0.83 WHIP, and 33.9 strikeout percentage in 2017 while finishing out the year as the Angels' ninth-inning man. Bedrosian figures to be the next man up if Parker's spring struggles carry past Opening Day.
numberFire's models project Parker to record a 2.92 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, and 30.5 strikeout percentage with 26 saves across 58 2/3 innings this season.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Phillies fire manager Gabe Kapler after two seasons, per report October 10th, 2019
- Andrew Knapp catching for Phillies in Game 162 September 29th, 2019
- Brad Miller starting for Phillies in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Deivi Grullon catching for Philadelphia on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Phillies' Phil Gosselin in left field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Philadelphia's Sean Rodriguez batting fifth on Saturday September 28th, 2019