Astros reportedly acquire Roberto Osuna from Blue Jays for Ken Giles, more
The Houston Astros acquired reliever Roberto Osuna from the Toronto Blue Jays for reliever Ken Giles and more, reports Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
Rosenthal says the rest of the Blue Jays' yield is unknown. Osuna should provide a significant upgrade to the Astros' bullpen when he returns from his 75-game suspension for domestic violence on August 5. The assumption is Osuna will replace Hector Rondon as Houston's closer upon return.
The 23-year-old right-hander averaged 4.7 FanDuel points and converted 9-of-10 save chances for the Blue Jays this season while recording a 2.93 ERA with 13 strikeouts and 1 walk across 15 1/3 innings (15 appearances) before being suspended.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer (neck) scratched, Joe Ross to start in Game 5 October 27th, 2019
- Nationals' Howie Kendrick returns to the lineup for Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals' Yan Gomes catching World Series Game 4 on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston in World Series Game 5 on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Yordan Alvarez starting in left field for Houston in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Jake Marisnick starting in center for Houston in Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019